June 15, 2015
Dear 1st Grade Families,
A huge thank you for all your support in making this year another great year at Ray. If you have any questions or comments over the summer please feel free to email me. I will be checking my email daily until the 24th. After that I check it every Monday.
Notes and Reminders:
- Please do a quick check through your home library for any Ray library books. All books must be returned by Wednesday.
- Don’t forget to bring in a plain white or lightly colored shirt for you child to decorate. We will decorate our shirts on Thursday and wear them to the school picnic on Friday.
- Thursday, the 18th, is our class party. Students may bring in treats from home to share with the class. They may also bring in any games or toys they would like to play with. I am asking that no electronic games be brought to school. We will also be celebrating all of our June, July and August birthdays on this day.
- Mark your calendar. The last day of school is Friday, June 19th. The students will attend school for a full day. We will have the school wide picnic on that day. We will be outside in the morning and watching a movie in the afternoon.
- There is no homework for the rest of the year. However, please have your child bring their homework folders all week for important information being sent home. We will be cleaning out the classroom on Thursday so your child will be coming home with all of the school materials. Please make sure they backpack is cleaned out and ready for the materials.
- I need parent volunteers to come in on Thursday and Friday to help start closing down the classroom. Please email me if you are interested.
- A summer activity packet will go home later this week. This packet is coming from the 2nd grade teachers.