Dear 112 families and friends,
Reminders for the week:
- Please send in snacks- it is the girls’ month for snacks.
- Please donate white card stock
- School starts at 8:45 am. As the weather becomes chillier, I will collect the children in the auditorium promptly at 8:45 am on these days. Children arriving after this time will be marked tardy.
- Please donate wet wipes. Wet wipes are great following science and art projects, as well an occasional sticky treat! We also could use donations of tissues.
- Please make sure your child is dressing appropriately for the weather.
- Perez has asked that I remind families that students should wear/bring gym shoes on Tuesdays and Fridays. Students are not allowed to participate if they do not have the proper shoes.
- ST Math Home is now available. Please take time to play ST Math at home.
- Please do not send toys to school.
This week we will continue to do close reading activities. We will read and analyze the story Koala Lou by Mem Fox. We will learn about the long sound i and brainstorm words with the digraphs kn, gn, wr, and mb. We will also focus on words with the phonograms –ine and –ite. We will learn about word endings –est and –er. We will focus on the comprehension skill compare and contrast. In writing we will work on revising our How-To books and learn about introductions and conclusions. We will do a special writing activity tomorrow for the 100th day of school.
In math we will learn about number stories, with a focus on comparison number stories. We will continue to practice math facts using dice to generate numbers and finding their sums. In science we will start a new unit on living things. We will learn about what all living things need and observe several seeds using four of our five senses.
Have a great week!