I hope you had a great weekend! A few notes for the week.
- Do not send toys to school. They must be placed in the toy bin for the entire day and items tend to be lost or taken.
- Please send in snacks- it is the girls’ month for snacks.
- ST Math Home is now available. Please take time to play ST Math at home.
- I will continue making a hard copy of the weekly overview through the middle of March. Starting on March 16, I will post the weekly overview only on the classroom blog. The blog is available on the Ray School website through the classrooms link. Please email me at email@example.com if you would like a weekly hard copy.
- Please send a note with your child following a day of absence. We are starting an incentive program for students who have good attendance.
- Library is on Fridays. Please return library books on Friday.
This week we will continue to do close reading activities. We will read and analyze the story Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. We will focus specifically on main idea and questioning. We will learn about the long sound o and u and brainstorm words with the digraphs kn, gn, wr, and mb. We will also focus on words with the phonograms –ine and –ite. We will learn about word endings –est and –er. During writing we will work on revising our How-To books and learn about writing good conclusions.
In math we will focus on comparison number stories and place value. Please practice identifying the number in the ones place and tens place with your child. For example: write the number 54 and ask your child to tell you the digit in the ones place (4) and the digit in the tens place (5). We will continue to practice math facts using dice to generate numbers and find their sums. In science we will start a new unit on living things. We will learn about what all living things need and observe several seeds using four of our five senses. In social studies we will learn about family traditions.
Have a great week!