February 9, 2015
Friends and Families in Room 112
Notes and Reminders:
- Information on Class Dojo will be available this week. This is a behavior management system we will be using in class.
- Please send in snacks- It is the girls’ month for snacks.
- Please donate copy paper.
- School starts at 8:45 am. I will collect the children in the auditorium promptly at 8:45 am on these days. Children arriving after this time will be marked tardy.
- ST Math Home will be available later this week. Please take time to play ST Math at home.
- Black History Night/Gallery Walk is scheduled for Wednesday, February 11th.
This week we will take time to review and catch up in reading. Please review the sight words we have learned so far. Students should be spelling these words correctly in writing, or at least locating them on the word wall and spelling them correctly. We will review character analysis, sequence of events and author’s purpose. We will also review word endings. We will work more on how-to books and use our pre-writing to make booklets. Ask your child to tell you what they are writing about in class. We will read books by Faith Ringgold and create our own quilts for our black history project. We will resume Walk to Read this week.
In math we will work more with base 10 blocks to name numbers and learn about greater and equal to. Students will complete an open response prompt for math and take a 2nd day to analyze their mistakes and correct. In science we will continue to look at river rocks and sort them by size suing several screens. We will look at the smallest rock particle silt and learn how to separate silt from sand.
Have a wonderful week,