I hope you had a great weekend! A few notes for the week.
- I have changed the book log. Each week I will send home one page with the homework, book log and sight word practice.
- ST Math Home is now available. Please take time to play ST Math at home. If you are having any trouble please let me know and I will send an email by Thursday to the administrators of the site with all of the problems.
- Starting today I will post the weekly overview only on the classroom blog. The blog is available on the Ray School website through the classrooms link.Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a weekly hard copy.
- Please send a note with your child following a day of absence. We are starting an incentive program for students who have good attendance.
- Library is on Fridays. Please return library books on Fridays.
This week we will continue to do close reading activities. We will read and analyze the story My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother. We will focus specifically on conclustions. We will learn about the vowel pairs -oa and -ow and learn about the contractions ‘ve and ‘re. We will also focus on words with the phonograms -ow and -oat. We will continue a writing unit on opinion writing.
In math we will work on fact families and learn about fact tables. In science we will continue with our unit on living things. We will plant a seed and record predictions about what we will observe. We will compare plants and animals and discuss how their needs are similar and different. We will continue to observe our plants. In social studies we will learn about family traditions.
Have a great week!