March 2, 2015
Notes and Reminders:
- This Friday we will celebrate February birthdays (A bit late..sorry).
- Please email me once you review the volunteer schedule. I will fill out the volunteer form as I hear from interested families.
- ST Math Home is now available. Please take time to play ST Math at home.
- Information on my classroom Donors Choose account is available on my blog. You can also check out other Donors Choose projects on the Ray School website under Parent Involvement. All donations will be matched if SPARK is entered at checkout from now until March 4. These projects are to fund new library bins, browsing bins and a new classroom easel.
- Please send me your correct email address to be connected to the classroom DOJO. The students will participate in free choice on Fridays if they have 70% positive behavior for the week. Students will be informed if they are in danger of losing their free choice throughout the week.
- Do not send your child to school with toys. They are distracting and tend to get lost.
This week we will continue to do close reading activities. We will read and analyze the story The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywaly. We will learn about the long E sound and revisit words with the digraphs kn, gn, wr, and mb. We will also focus on suffixes –y and –ly. We will focus on the comprehension skill compare and contrast. In writing we will work on revising our How-To books and have a writing celebration
In math we will continue to learn about number stories number stories and comparing numbers. We will continue to practice math facts. In science we will continue our unit on living things. We will plant seeds and begin our seed journal.
Have a great week!
|Sight Words: who, now, first, color, goes
Stack, creative, occasional, career
|MONDAY||Homelink 5.10||Read a minimum of 20 minutes each day.|
|TUESDAY||Homelink 5.11||Read a minimum of 20 minutes each day.|
|WEDNESDAY||Math worksheet||Read a minimum of 20 minutes each day.|
|THURSDAY||Math worksheet||Read a minimum of 20 minutes each day.|